You may find these facts interesting:
Despite this, more than 50% of the UK's population die without making a will
- The over 50's make up 41% of all adults in the UK.
- The over 50's have 85% of all private wealth in the UK.
- 90% of the investment decisions made by the over 50's have been influenced by tax effective opportunities' eg private pension schemes, ISA's, Tessa accounts and investing in their home.
Why make a Will?
- A will is a relatively simple process and allows you to put your affairs in order.
- By planning ahead you can ensure that your assets pass to your family or others who you wish to benefit.
- You can use your will to decide how your money will best help your family or others. You can appoint appropriate executors and make tax free gifts to charities.
- A will gives proper direction to your family regarding your funeral and burial wishes at a time when they are least able to make those decisions.
- A will prevents your family from being left confused and uncared for by not giving clear instructions regarding the distribution of your estate. Failure to make a will can cause family resentments and conflict.
- A will prevents the wrong people from benefiting from your estate.
- A will can provide direction regarding guardianship if you have a young family or a second family.
- Most importantly by ensuring that the correct tax provisions are made within your will, you can avoid very substantial sums being unnecessarily paid to the Inland Revenue in Inheritance Tax.
Inheritance Tax is the Government's fastest growing income stream
Why use MK Legal?
- We are a fully regulated firm of solicitors and not an unregulated will writing firm.
- We carry professional indemnity insurance of £3 million.
- We are focused on Will Writing and Estate Planning.
- We have a national team of consultants.
- We make appointments at your convenience when both you and your spouse/partner are available.
- We will see you at your home during the day or, if you prefer, in the evenings.
- We provide a cost effective service.
- We provide safe and secure will storage facilities.
...Simple mutual Wills from £185 plus VAT...
To take advantage of MK Legal's Will Writing Service, all you have to do is complete the Questionnaire and return it to us at:-
6-8 Castilian Street, Northampton, Nothamptonshire, NN1 1JX
On receipt of your completed Questionnaire, we will contact you to obtain any additional information to help us gain a better understanding of your circumstances.
Download our Will Writing Form
Download our Will Writing Tariff of Charges
To find out how MK Legal can help you make the right decisions, call 01604 828282 or email